Matthew J. Schad
Matt Schad is an Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated trial attorney handling serious injury and death cases, including products liability, construction site accidents, highway design, motor vehicle collisions, premises liability. He enjoys cases with challenging complex medical, technical, and engineering elements.
Matt grew up in Floyd County, Indiana. After graduating from Floyd Central High School he majored in Ancient Greek at Indiana University, where he earned high honors. He went on to attend the Florida State College of Law and graduated cum laude in 1994.
After law school Matt joined the United States Army and served in the Judge Advocate General's Corps overseas in the Republic of Panama. After promotion to captain he became the chief Army military prosecutor for U.S. Army South. At the conclusion of his military career Matt returned home and joined his father Larry at Schad & Schad.
Matt's personal interests include fishing, kayaking, and backpacking.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Best Oralist award on the Moot Court team
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Ancient Greek, Latin, Classical Civilization
- Regular working people in Southern Indiana and Kentucky
- Hon. J. Terrence Cody
- Roger Pardieck, Esq.
- Col. Manuel Superveille (U.S. Army, RET)
- Hon. Vicky Carmichael
- U.S. Army JAG Corps, Trial Counsel, 1995 to 1998
- Anderson Camps, Whitewater & Adventure Guide, 1992
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Past Board Member, 1994 to Present
- AAJ, 1994 to Present
- Floyd County Bar Association, Past President, 1998 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Florida, 1994
- Indiana, 1998
- Young Trial Lawyer of the Year in Indiana, 2003
- Personal Injury 50%
- Insurance Bad Faith 10%
- Civil Rights 10%
- Trial Consulting 10%
- Medical Malpractice 10%
- Products Liability 5%
- Nursing Home Negligence 5%